Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Most Memorable Teachers

One of my most memorable math teachers was Mr. Freisen. His writing was neat and legible and notes were clear and easy to understand. I also liked how he would give his students time every class to do homework. It was helpful because it allowed his students to seek help if necessary. I also liked how he would tell us stories that are not necessarily related to math. The stories made math classes more fun and interesting. Overall, he was a great teacher because he cared about his students’ learning. Even if you were no longer in his class, he would stay afterschool to help you learn math.

My second most memorable teacher was my university professor, Dr. Pierce. He was really passionate and enthusiastic about his teaching. He gets really excited when students are engaged and he loves it especially when students ask him challenging questions. He would always answer them with passion and excitement. He is also really helpful during his office hours. Dr. Pierce cared very much about his students’ learning because he would often stay past office hours to make sure everyone has had their chance to clarify misunderstandings and confusions.

Reflecting back to these two teachers, I guess what makes them such great teachers was that they had a broad knowledge in math that they wanted to share. They were both passionate and enthusiastic about math. They were both helpful and dedicated to making sure that their students were learning math. They are good role models to learn from and I wish to carry their good qualities into my own teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment