Saturday, September 19, 2009

My First Microteaching Assessment

My peers thought that:
- There was a clear learning objective
- Some thought the bridge was good and some don’t remember it
- There was a pretest of prior knowledge
- There was good participation
- There was a good post-test
- There was a good conclusion
- I had great patience
Some strengths of the lesson include:
- Good time management
- Fun, interesting and engaging
Some improvements for the lesson include:
- Preparing the origami paper
- Start with easier origami

Self-Assessment:
Things that went well in my lesson include:

- Good interaction and good group participation
- good introduction/pretest
If I were to teach this lesson again, I would improve by:
- Slowing down the lesson pace.
- Making sure some of the folding procedures was clearer so that everyone can see and understand
- Helping some people more
Based on my peers’ feedback I would like to make the following changes for this lesson:
- Making a stronger and more memorable bridge and pretest since some people did not recall them
- Perhaps choose an easier origami figure

No comments:

Post a Comment