Friday, October 2, 2009

10 Years Down the Road

Hi Ms. Chu,
I am writing this letter to let you know that you were the best teacher that I have ever had. There are several reasons why. They are the following:
1) Your classes are fun, creative and interesting
2) You were a great mentor
3) You were there to help the students when they needed help on homework or when they have questions from class
4) You are considerate of students
5) You always try to engage the students in the lessons
6) Your notes are clear and concise
Lastly, I just want to say that I really enjoyed your classes and I wished you were my teacher for every math class. Yours truly,
Natalie


Hi Jenny,
I just want you to know that you were my worst teacher ever in my whole entire life. Firstly, most of the time you were so bad at explaining the math concepts and left many of us confused. Secondly, you were somewhat helpful in your office hours since there were times that I was still confused after you did your share of trying to explain the concepts. Lastly, I thought your notes could be more detailed and cover a variety of problems we may see in our homework problems.
Your confused student

Comment on my hopes and worries:
In my teaching career, I want to strive to be one of the best math teachers my students will have throughout their education by fulfilling much of the qualities the first letter had addressed. My worries however, are that my explanations will not be clear enough for some students and that my teaching style may not reach out to every type of student.

No comments:

Post a Comment