Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reflection to Microteaching in Arithmetic Sequence

Overall, I thought the microteaching in Arithmetic Sequence went pretty well. My group received positive feedbacks. Many of our peers thought the worksheet was a good tool to engage the students in understanding the concept of arithmetic sequence as well as understanding how the formula tn = t1 + (n-1)d was derived. I think my group did a good job in the preparation work and everyone had roughly the same amount of time teaching.
However, there are definitely some things for us to improve on. One thing in particular is time management. I thought our microteaching was rushed and so we didn’t have a strong and detailed introduction and conclusion. Also I thought my group could have spent more time in explaining how the formula was derived since we may have lost some students in the process. Another thing for improvement is to incorporate more group activities. If there was more time, I would definitely let the students discuss in their groups part 3 of the worksheet. Then I would ask the students to share their discussion and go over the derivation of the formula for arithmetic sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment